Valdosta Regional Airport is a public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) south of the central business district of Valdosta, a city in Lowndes County, Georgia, United States. It is owned by the Valdosta-Lowndes County Airport Authority. The airport is mostly used for general aviation, but is also served by one commercial airline.
VALDOSTA REGIONAL AIRPORT HISTORY
Opened in April 1940, the airport was taken over by the United States Army Air Corps in 1941. During World War II, the airport was used as an auxiliary airfield for Moody Army Airfield, supporting the Army pilot training school. The airport was returned to civil control at the end of the war.
VALDOSTA REGIONAL AIRPORT LOCATION
VALDOSTA REGIONAL AIRPORT FACTS
Elevation: 203 ft.
Runway length available: 06/24 7600×150 ft. :: 13/31 5797×150 ft.