Niagara Falls International Airport (IATA: IAG, ICAO: KIAG, FAA LID: IAG) is a joint civil-military public-use airport located four miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Niagara Falls, in Niagara County, New York, United States. Owned and operated by the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority, the airport shares its runways with the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station.
Niagara Falls International handles airline services, general aviation and military aircraft of all sizes. A new terminal building was opened in 2009.
NIAGARA FALLS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HISTORY
Niagara Falls International Airport was opened in 1928 as a city-owned municipal airport with four crushed-stone runways.
During World War II, Bell Aircraft established a large aircraft manufacturing plant next to the airport, where during the war it built over 10,000 P-39 Airacobra and P-63 Kingcobra fighter aircraft. Bell employed over 28,000 workers at the plant. After the war, the plant was the development site of the experimental Bell X-1 plane used by famed pilot Chuck Yeager to break the sound barrier in 1947.
NIAGARA FALLS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT LOCATION
NIAGARA FALLS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FACTS
Elevation: 589 ft.
Runway length available: 06/24 5189×150 ft. :: 10R/28L 3973×75 ft. :: 10L/28R 9829×150 ft.