Chippewa Valley Regional Airport (IATA: EAU, ICAO: KEAU, FAA LID: EAU) is a public-use airport in Chippewa County, Wisconsin, United States. The airport is owned by Eau Claire and is located three nautical miles (6 km) north of the central business district of the city of Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
It is the largest airport in the 30-county northern Wisconsin area, and serves primarily the Chippewa Valley region, operating on a budget approved by a commission equally representing the interests of Chippewa, Eau Claire, and Dunn countie.
CHIPPEWA VALLEY REGIONAL AIRPORT HISTORY
In 1923, 80 acres (320,000 m2) of land in Putnam Heights were purchased to build an airport. In 1929, Eau Claire Airways was started at the airport, offering training and scheduled taxi service to destinations in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
In 1939, work on a new airport started north of Eau Claire. In 1940, Eau Claire County Airport started operations at its current site. Eau Claire Municipal Airport opened in 1945, while Chippewa Valley Regional Airport was officially opened in 1947 with the arrival of a Northwest Airlines DC-3. At this time, Eau Claire had three airports. Upgrades at Chippewa Valley Regional Airport were made in further decades, with a terminal addition in 1981. Another Terminal Remodeling/ expansion was completed in 2009 thus making travel flow faster.
CHIPPEWA VALLEY REGIONAL AIRPORT LOCATION
Chippewa Valley Regional Airport (IATA: EAU, ICAO: KEAU, FAA LID: EAU) is a public-use airport in Chippewa County, Wisconsin, United States.
CHIPPEWA VALLEY REGIONAL AIRPORT FACTS
Elevation: 913 ft.
Runway length available: 04/22 8101×150 ft. :: 14/32 4999×100 ft.